This is only based on my personal thoughts as an ordinary "shopper" and a typical mall addict. I have nothing against SM Corporation, this is just my pure own thoughts...
Well, it's their 2nd day of opening. People were so excited to see how SM Novaliches looks like. I was not able to go there on the opening day (Oct.22,2010) but I've decided to go now after work. Even its raining, I just want to see what's inside of the said mall. I have browsed a couple of news articles online and I've found out that SM Nova was built with a touch of modern structure and interior design - which indeed, a fact. (wow, feeling interior designer! ahaha). So its because of my curiosity, I went there.
I am not going to focus on the history side of SM Nova, and I don't want to answer those "why's". (ask SM Corp, or browse a little bit if you want). One thing is for sure, I've been to some (not all) SM malls around Metro Manila. SM North, Fairview, Sta. Mesa, Manila, San Lazaro, Megamall, Makati, Cubao, Marikina. All of them have their unique style.
If I am to compare SM NOVA to other SM malls, I would rather choose:
- SM STA. MESA (centerpoint) - in STA.MESA, you have lots of options. Bigger than SM NOVA. Eventhough na masikip sa Sta.MEsa and maliit lang, mas gusto ko pa din dun.
- AND I WOULD DEFINITELY CHOOSE SM NOVA RATHER THAN CHOOSING ROBINSON's NOVALICHES!!!
GOOD THINGS ABOUT SM NOVA:
- It is in the heart of the 3rd largest district in Quezon city - Novaliches. Accessible to SM North and Fairview. (and even TriNoma)
- Newly-opened. so masarap tambayan. ahaha (goodluck sa summer, daming tao dun)
- If you are the type of person na alam agad ang bibilin nya sa mall, at alam mong meron nito sa SM NOVA, pede kang pumunta dun ng kahit nakapam-bahay outfit ka lang.
- SM NOVA has spacious activity area inside.
- Hindi ka maliligaw kasi 2-storey building lang sya.
BAD THINGS ABOUT SM NOVA:
- like what I've said, pwede kang magpunta kahit pambahay outfit ka lang. so ayun, expected na ang daming mga batang pakalat-kalat sa loob. (ung tipong naliligaw at iniwanan ng magulang sa quiapo)
- dahil sa pwedeng pagtambayan, kalat ang mga JEJEMONS! ahahaha... EMO, HIP-HOP, etc.
- limited stores/outlets/boutiques lang ang meron.
- TRAFFIC. OO TRAFFIC.
STORES INSIDE THE MALL (based on my photographic memory, eto ang mga natatandaan ko)
- walang kamatayang BENCH, PENSHOPPE, HUMAN, FOLDED & HUNG, and of course SM DEPT. STORE.
- SILVERWORKS, NAIL-a-HOLIC, DAVID's FOR REVER, ZENZEST
- KFC, McDo, Jobee, Chowking, Shakeys, PizzaHut, Savory, Greenwich, Mang Inasal (soon to open)
- BROWNIES UNLIMITED
- CDR-KING, OCTAGON, DATA VENTURE, GAMES and GADGETS,
- SMART, GLOBE, (not sure kung SUN ung soon to open na "the sun shop". basta magkatibi sila ng smart at globe)
- ACE HARDWARE, WATSONS, NAT'L BOOKSTORE, QUANTUM, FOODCOURT, CINEMA (4 cinemas only), SUPERMARKET
IF YOU ARE TO VISIT SM NOVA....
- if it is because of your curiosity, then go there.
- if it is because you want another place for you to shop more, don't go there.
- If you want a new cinema seats and ambience, dont go there. (4 cinemas only)
- If you want to make tambay lang, pwedeng pwede.
- If you think na its WI-FI ready, not sure....
- If you want to take-out some foods (kasi gusto mo ng makakain na walking distance lang sa bahay nyo), yes you can.
- If you want to trap in the traffic, go there.
- If you dont want to see loitering kids around, jejemons, etc, and some other weirdos, definitely dont go there.
- and if you're not believing what I am saying, go there if you want. ahahahaha....