10 types of people to avoidFeel as if you're surrounded by negative vibes? Maybe it's because you keep hanging out with the wrong people. Keep your mood up by avoiding these 10 types of people:
1. The Judgmental – These are people incapable of accepting opinions counter to theirs, who have a default bias on everything. If you can't deal with them, don't bother; they'll rarely see it anyone else's way.
2. The Parasite – They're clingy types who prey and become dependent on their unsuspecting victims. The only way to deal with parasites is to either teach them how to stand on their own or to avoid them altogether!
3. The Know-It-All – A know-it-all is someone who knows a lot of things and loves rubbing it in everyone's face, or someone who professes to know a lot of things but actually knows very little. Know-it-alls exude a certain kind of authority and arrogance that can easily deceive people, so be careful not to get fooled!
4. The Dementor - These ghostly creatures from the Harry Potter series suck the life and happiness out of a person. In our world, you'll always feel tired and spent when you're around a "Dementor." They can't help but bring negativity wherever they go, so keep happy by steering clear of these mood downers!
5. The Killjoy – Every time you come up with a bright idea, the Killjoy is ready to shoot it down. They'll counter you, pull you down, and ultimately ruin your mood. What you can do is block them out: don't let them keep you from doing the things you want to do
6. The Bastos - The Bastos people have no boundaries and don't respect your feelings and privacy. They have a weak sense of propriety and do things in the most improper ways at the most inappropriate times. Luckily, these types are easy to recognize and therefore, avoid!
7. The Puppet-Master – These master manipulators can easily bend you to their will. They know what strings to pull to get you to do their bidding without you even knowing it. The best thing you can do is to be wary of these people and refuse to allow yourself to be used.
8. The User-Friendly – These fair-weather friends seem to appear only when they need something and disappear just as quickly when they've gotten what they wanted. They don't know how to give but are great at taking, which is especially bad for people who have a hard time saying "no."
9. The Plastic – You can never really tell if they're being sincere. These people are kind to your face but can't wait to zing you once you've got your back turned. There's no surefire way to spot a Plastic, but what goes around comes around, and they'll get their karma in one way or another.
10. The Traitor – These people may seem like your friends, but they're really waiting for the perfect moment to pull the rug from under your feet. As much as you might trust them, love them, and have already spent years and years cultivating your friendship, these people are more than capable of selling you out in a second! If there's anything you can do to protect yourself, it's to be careful. Think before revealing certain things about yourself to others—they can't fire at you if you don't give them any ammunition.